Friday, June 29, 2007

We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrowed it from our children.

Rudolf Steiner's philosophy, while attractive (well, except for, you know, his purported ties to Nazism and all...), has been supplanted by my respect for that of Maria Montessori.

That said, I do fantasize about certain modes of living.

Random widget -- check it!



Edit: the widget above was for some momentary amusement: as is usually the case, the choices proffered do not line up with my interpretations of them. A common limitation to this sort of human reduction is a limited imagination. I note that "warfighting" (or some facsimile) was not one of the options...

On a related topic is one of the questions I have been meaning to explore: how does someone who would be perfectly happy as a member of the warrior class remain engaged in the day-to-day world of business?

No comments: